Policy Matters Ohio, a think tank dedicated to creating a more vibrant, equitable, sustainable and inclusive Ohio, seeks a dynamic, outgoing, passionate, dedicated development manager to carry out a fundraising plan, build our individual donor program, manage grants and help our executive director increase revenue.
- Manage execution of development plan.
- Write grant requests, submit grant applications, organize and maintain grant materials, manage proposals.
- Identify new foundations and other prospects.
- Research and reach out to prospects, arrange meetings, create briefings for director and board.
- Manage the prospect database.
- Develop reports that track all facets of development plan.
- Cultivate and coordinate events.
- Write letters, proposals and thank you notes to prospective clients.
- Assist director, board and other leaders with setting up and carrying out calls and meetings.
- Respond to donor and prospective donor inquiries quickly, professionally and compellingly.
- Oversee all acknowledgments to and stewardship of new funders.
- Other activities as needed.
- Participate enthusiastically in collaborative, mission-oriented, friendly workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years work experience, at least 3 of these in development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of our mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively, grace under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully and work well on multiple deadlines.
- Detail orientation, excellent follow through, dependability and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage up, experience working with boards and directors.
- Event management.
- Experience with Database Management, MS Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.