Take a stand to #ProtectOurCare
We can’t give up now.
We thought we stopped efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act last month. We were wrong. The Graham-Cassidy proposal has gained steam and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell could call for a vote next week.
Now is the time to reach out to our US Senators and Member of Congress and tell them to vote no.
Here are some steps you can take:
Be active on social media
Share this link with your social networks across the country. Use the hashtag #ProtectOurCare and these social media filters.
Go to a rally
Rally Against Graham-Cassidy Bill
Time: Tuesday, September 26, 1-2pm EST
Location: 37 W Broad St Ste 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Host: Indivisible Ohio District 12, Indivisible Columbus District 3, Indivisible Ohio District 15, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
Time: Friday, September 22, 4-6pm EST
Location: 1240 E 9th St # 3061, Cleveland, Ohio 44199
Host: OFA- Ohio, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
Get up to speed
Center for American Progress: Coverage Losses by State Under the Graham-Cassidy Bill to Repeal the ACA
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Cassidy-Graham Plan’s Damaging Cuts to Health Care Funding Would Grow Dramatically in 2027
Community Catalyst's analysis of the bill
While it seems impossible, The Graham-Cassidy bill is even worse than the previous proposals.
- The bill would end Medicaid expansion that covered more than 700,000 Ohioans.
- Graham-Cassidy eliminates the financial assistance that helps 170,000 low- and moderate-income Ohio families afford health care coverage. An estimated 809,000 Ohioans would lose coverage
- The bill jeopardizes access to life-saving treatments for addiction and weakens Ohio’s ability to address the devastating opioid crisis that grows by the day and is one of the worst in the nation.
- It undermines essential protections, allowing insurers to charge people higher premiums.
- Under the bill, Ohio could lose as much as $9 billion by 2026.
The vote counts are incredibly close. Millions of Americans’ health care lies in the hands of a few Republican senators. The Senate must decide by September 30 to pass this legislation. The next few days are critical.
You’ve tirelessly fought back against attempts to repeal the ACA for nine months. You’ve beat back proposals time after time. Let's do it again!