Income gap less in Ohio but growing everywhere
Posted February 19, 2014 in Press Releases
Jim Siegel's piece in the Columbus Dispatch highlights findings from the EARN report that Policy Matters released in Ohio, Increasingly Unequal States of America: Income Inequality by State.
The Economic Analysis and Research Network, a group that supports issues such as increased investment in education and a higher minimum wage, found that the share of income held by the top 1 percent declined in 49 states between 1928 and 1979, but there has since been a sharp reversal.
…. In 2011, the report said the average income for the top 1 percent in Ohio was $699,693, compared with $38,583 for the other 99 percent