Who we are
Policy Matters is a non-profit policy research institute creating a more vibrant, equitable, sustainable and inclusive Ohio through research, strategic communications, coalition building and policy advocacy. Our analysis is evidence-based. Our research is data and values driven.
Policy Matters Ohio is seeking an experienced Development Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other class status.
What you’ll do
- Provide oversight and management of current donor portfolio. Identify, cultivate and steward current and prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communication and sustainable relationships.
- Conduct prospect research for both potential funders and donors.
- Manage relationships with private, public, and family foundations; write grants and oversee on-time submission of any grants and grant reports; track grant renewals; monitor grant progress with staff; and follow-up with funders with progress on projects, as needed.
- Lead all direct-mail, email, and social media campaigns; maintain accurate donor and grants database; send follow-up letters and emails to donors and supporters; work closely with Communications Team.
- Plan and execute all fundraising events and programs; seek event and program sponsorships; manage ticket sales.
- Build and manage major gifts portfolio; coordinate meetings between donors and Executive Director and/or relevant staff and board members.
- Work with the Executive Director to draft, implement, and execute annual development plan to meet annual revenue goals; participate in the creation and implementation of the annual budget and annual report.
- Maintain all records, permits, and forms needed to support fundraising activities.
- Work closely with the Administrative Director to track revenue streams; serve on the Operations Team.
- Work closely with the development team at the Center on Budget & Policy Priorities and engage in the development network with the State Priorities Partnership.
- Serve as the Member Representative for Greater Cleveland Community Shares; submit quarterly point logs, maintain membership status, annual membership renewal, and host year-end workplace giving campaign.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Director’s Development Committee; prepare quarterly board reports; ensure board and staff engagement with annual revenue goals.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director.